Hello West Valley Parents/Guardians,
Governor Inslee and Superintendent of Public Instruction Reykdal made it official that schools state-wide will remain closed until the fall. There are many unknowns for the school district, for our students, families, and community. Decisions about grades, credits, and continuous learning plans will be made as more information becomes available. What we do know is we will be successful in our ability to work together for the benefit of our students.
Thanks to your historical support of our school levies, we have systems in place that will support students through this unprecedented school closure; highly trained staff, technology for at-home learning, and our Skyward student/parent/school communication portal to name a few.
We will continue to provide:
- FREE breakfast and lunch for any child 18 years of age and younger. Click here to read more.
- Child care for West Valley children of first responders, medical personnel, and active military families.
- Learning at home, both online and hard copy packets. Click here to read more.
- On-going communication from your child’s principal and teacher(s)
- Resources to support students and families. Click here to read more.
Our hearts go out to the Class of 2020. Although the seniors will not have an opportunity to experience traditional year-end events and activities, special efforts will be made to celebrate our graduates.
As we work through the process of at-home learning, we appreciate your continued support and cooperation as we work together to achieve the most positive educational outcomes for our students.
Thank you for your patience and as always, please do not hesitate to connect with us when you have questions and concerns.